Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform AP, general accounting, and cash management functions
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and explain financial transactions and reports
- Follow up with auditors/management regarding recommendations
- Train and mentor team members to ensure increasing knowledge and skill sets.
- Excellent guest services skills
- Ensure Confidentiality
- Work Harmoniously with co-workers and other departments
- Responsible for protecting casino assets
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Associated degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Proficiency in accounting, word-processing, and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated business writing skills
- Minimum of Two Years’ experience preferred
- Must have transportation.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have a friendly outgoing personality.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers and staff.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Organization skills.
- Must be in excellent health.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and adhere to the tribe’s drug/alcohol free workplace policy.
- Have understanding of Santee Dakota historical/ contemporary history/ culture that relates to Ohiya Casino and Resort mission, purpose and employment.
- Maintain a strict confidentiality on Casino business/guest.
- In the event the casino falls short of staff, you are required to a mandatory 6-day work week.
- Read and Comprehend Departments S.O.P., Employee Handbook, and Policy Manual
- Work assigned schedules that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to standing/walking the entire shift.
- Must have good interpersonal relation skills
- Must be able to obtain a SSNGC Key employee License
- Take and pass a medical physical
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills required.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment
- Arriving on time for all scheduled shifts
- Must be able to work odd hours and shifts as required.
- Must possess well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions.
- Fast paced environment.
- Preformed work will take place in a loud and smoke-related environment.