Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Manager, plan, organize, direct and coordinate the workers and resources for efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food and beverage. Assists casino management with continued development of the new Ohiya Casino Food & Beverage Department. Responsible for protecting casino assets.
- Works with cooks and other personnel to plan menus that are flavorful and popular with customers
- Estimates food and beverage costs. Works with cooks and casino management to efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Performs frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation an service.
- Works with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
- Directs hiring, training and scheduling of food service personnel.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- Reviews and monitors, with casino accountant or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Works to improve performance.
- Seeks approval from casino accountant for all restaurant expenditures.
- Works with payroll/personnel regarding restaurant personnel staffing, training, discipline and termination.
- Works with casino management in developing and implementing restaurant internal control procedures for the business and provides direction to employees.
- Restaurant Manager position is under the direct supervision of the Casino Manager and Assistant Manager.
Good organizational skills for handling diverse duties and staff. Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with the public as well as staff. Must be able to successfully pass a federal and state background check in order to secure a Santee Sioux Nation Gaming License.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have a SSNGC Key Gaming License
- Must have a ServeSafe Certification
Performed work will take place in a loud and smoke related environment.