Responsible for the operation and management of the Human Resource (Personnel) Department; Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), Casino Employee Handbook, Kitchen/Restaurant Manual, Casino Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), and the Casino Environment, Health & Public Safety Manuals as they relate to personnel and business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for protecting Casino Assets.
- Will maintain strict confidentiality of classified personnel files.
- Responsible for applicant interviewing, employee hiring, evaluations, terminations and exit interviews in conjunction with the various department heads.
- Act as a liaison between management and employees to insure the integrity of the Ohiya Casino & Resort.
- Will develop and oversee employee training programs, including orientation and assigning the appropriate trainer/mentor for the new employee.
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of employee files.
- Will work with the payroll department in processing employee benefits, including Workman's Compensation.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in related casino employment or hospitality business preferred.
- Have a basic understanding of Santee Dakota historical/contemporary history/culture that relates to the Ohiya Casino & Resort mission, purpose, and employment.
- Must be able to obtain a Santee Sioux Nation Gaming License.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must have some mathematical skills and reasoning abilities and be a self-starter, self-motivator type of individual.
- Must have transportation.
- College degree preferred in Human Resources (HR) or related field(s). Previous experience in HR employment and/or the casino industry is preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers and staff.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Organization skills.
- Must be in excellent health.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and adhere to the tribe's drug/alcohol free workplace policy.
- Maintain a strict confidentiality on casino business/guests.
- In the event the casino falls short of staff, you are required to a mandatory 6-day workweek.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Standing/walking the entire shift.
- Must have good interpersonal relation skills.
- Take and pass a medical physical.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills required.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions.
- Fast paced environment.
- Preformed work will take place in a loud and smoke-related environment.